Intermediate: If you would like to make a full sized bowl, you will need 45-60' of 3/16" rope. I've noticed the price of regular clothesline has gone up all over. Whatever kind of rope you decide to het, please make sure it's braided and is 3/16". Recommended: Amazon, Rope.com, theMountainthreadcompany.com. You might want to order your rope ASAP.
If you would like to add fabric to the bottom of your bowl, bring the fabric of your choice and some high loft craft stabilizer. I will have 505 spray if you would like to use some to hold your fabric in place. The options are endless. If you have questions, please join our FB group, Sea Stitches Stitchers (do a search for it in FB).
Beginners: This class will give you the basics to be able to continue "rope bowl" making and take it to the next level with practice. You may purchase 25' of rope for $5 or bring your own. This is enough rope to make a simple coaster and a small bowl.
The following supplies you will need to bring with you:
- It is strongly recommended you use a "jeans" needle.
- Sewing machine - zig zag stitch will be used. We would recommend a presser foot that has a center mark. This makes it so
much easier to keep your zig-zag straight
- Sewing tools - scissors, thread snips, stilletto is strongly recommended., straight pins
- Thread - a thin thread like Aurifill is recommended, but you are welcome to use your favorite thread. The rope is off white, but if
you prefer, color will be just fine.
- 1" strips of fabric if you'd like to try fabric wrapping, fabric of your choice for the bottom of your bowl if you are wanting to try this.