Proposed outline for classes...
In this class, students will learn threading, identifying basic parts and features of a serger, basic skill in threading your serger (4 thread threading), and how to balance thread/tension.
- Uses of 3 threads
- Three thread narrow
- Rolled hem
- Combining stitches in a garment
- Making a basic t-shirt
- Serging an inside circle
Serger Club: (Supplies needed: napkin fabric, baby flannel, t-shirt knit)
Club meeting 1:
- Let's make a set of napkins using a rolled hem
- Skill wooly nylon and other specialty thread
Club meeting 2:
- Let's use specialty thread - wooly nylon
- We will make a baby blanket
- Skill serging circles